Well here we are Sunday night and we are now in Edmonton! We left Jbay on Friday afternoon after only a few tears...(thanks to Ashley, Mirjam and Roxzanne!!) ok, maybe me too! But you all know me, I don't cry!! hahaha
We left Port Elizabeth at 6:30pm and from there we flew to Johannesburg, from there we caught our flight to Heathrow which was a 10 hour flight. We arrived in London at around 7:30am Saturday morning and our flight didn't leave until noon. From there we arrived on our flight and prepared ourselves for another 9 hour flight! The one thing that sucked was on our flight from London to Edmonton, Bob and I were in the same row but we had an aisle between us! It was ok, the only thing I missed was sometimes I like to rest my head on his shoulder and I couldn't do that! But, it's ok...I survived!
We finally arrived in Edmonton at around 3:30pm (11:30pm South Africa time!) - we were greeted at the airport by my younger sister, Mandy and my brother in law, Jorge and also Bob's Dad was there too. It was so good to see them. The only thing that wasn't fun was that when we went to pick up our luggage Mum and Dad's wasn't there! So, we have been praying that they find it and deliver it soon.
After we got back to my parents house, Bob's Mom came over and we were able to visit with her and Dad. It was nice. Then a little while later my older sister, Tanya and her family came. It is so good to have everyone here. My neices and nephew have grown so much in six months!
Today Bob and I went to Red Deer for church, it was so nice to be home! So many people that I have missed lots. Then after church Nan and Scott invited us over for lunch and so we visited with them for a while, and then we went to Jim and Shelley's to visit with them for a while.
Now we are back at my parents house, tomorrow we are spending with Bob's family. Then the next week we are going to help my parents move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment