Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Campout

I am so blessed...I know I say that a lot, but this weekend, once again, God showed me!

This past weekend was our church campout. It was the third one that Bob and I have attended. It is an annual thing and all I can say is "Thank you God for my family from Kentwood Alliance". God was so good to bring Bob and I to Red Deer three years ago. When I think of all the friends that God has brought into my life, I am thankful for each and everyone! Our campout started on Friday and ended today with a church service outside! The time spent with friends is always fun, but this time was so much fun! We just sat and talked and laughed!

To everyone that is part of our Kentwood Family, I want to say thank you. Thank you for opening your hearts to us and allowing us to be part of your family. You are all so special and have a huge place in my heart. You have shown us in the past 3 years what it means to be in the family of God. You have no idea how much of a role you have each played in my relationship with God and also with others. You all mean so much to me that I can't even begin to say thank you. We will miss you all these next two years, but we know that we have people praying for us and supporting us and for that, we are so thankful. We love you all!!!

Today during church, the elders called us up to the front and prayed for us. Well...I thought I was doing ok, and then our good friend Jim (one of the elders) got up and started to talk, all of the sudden I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes and he couldn't even speak cause he started to cry! I was like, Oh great, here I go!! LOL Well, of course I did and they wanted us to say something after they prayed for us, and I couldn't even speak! Bob had to do the talking!

After church we had a potluck lunch - always a good time. Then the goodbyes started...I did pretty good though if I say so myself. I only teared up a couple of times!

Also, this weekend, my cousin, Cass and my neice, Erilyn came and joined us at the campout. It was so much fun to have them with us. Erilyn had fun as there were lots of kids there and lots to do. It was such a wonderful weekend, and spending it with friends is always fun.

Tonight we headed to Edmonton and went out to supper with the Barnes side of the family. It was nice to just visit with them. As we are flying out of Calgary this is the last time we will see them before we leave. It was hard to say goodbye, but I told Mom they have to come and visit us!

Now we are back in Blackfalds at Cory and Wendy's and are spending the night here. Tomorrow we head back to Picture Butte, and then we are staying there until we leave on Wednesday, it's hard to believe in a weeks time we will be in Jeffreys Bay! We know that God has called us on this path, and we feel honored to be able to go and work for Him. There is only 6 words that sum up everything in this past week.

God is good - all the time!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, KB. I don't know how you do it. Only by the grace of God, I'm sure. I'm so proud of the way you and Bob are putting Jesus first - He sees your tears and knows each one that falls... He is going to do great things in and through you both in the next two years and I can't wait to see them.

But we just have to get past the next few days of goodbyes. See you soon!!!

Floyd said...

Hi Babe. I am so proud of you and Bob. I love you both so much. God has been so good to me with my 3 beautiful daughters and 3 awesome son in-laws.I love you babe

 
Designed by Lena