We have been in Picture Butte since Sunday afternoon and having a great time. My brother-in-law's father and sister are up from Chile so it has been nice to visit with them too. They don't speak much english, but enough to get by.
I am enjoying my time with my family...I always do! Tonight my sisters and Mum are going to get pictures taken. My sisters friend, Amethyst takes really nice photos so we are all meeting at a park and going to get some photos done. Some of the rest of the family will be there too, so we will be able to get some photos with everyone. Which for me, will be nice because just the other day Bob and I bought a digital picture frame to take back to South Africa with us.
I still can't believe in just one week from today, we will be on our way to the airport to South Africa!! I am getting excited and nervous all in one. I still don't know how I am going to say goodbye to my family, or my church family for that matter. All I know is that God is going to have to help me in this area. When I start to think about it, my eyes start to water....sigh!
Yesterday Mum and I worked on making a stepping stone for Mum's garden. She had wanted me to make one a long time ago. She was such a big help to me, I couldn't have done it without her. I ended making one with the South African flag on it. We did one yesterday with beads and it didn't quite work out and then in the evening it started to rain and so Dad moved it, and when he did, it broke in half!! (but if he hadn't it would have gotten wet!) So, we went to Michaels last night and picked up some more cement, plus we decided to use tiles instead of beads. It looks really nice....I will put a picture below.
That's all for now, tomorrow Bob and I are picking up my niece, Erilyn (she's 7) and heading back to Red Deer. Our church is having a campout Friday, Saturday and Sunday so we are going to that. I am looking forward to spending this time with the people from our church....still don't know how I am going to say goodbye, but like I said, God is going to have to help me in that area. Then we are heading to Spruce Grove after church on Sunday and going to supper with Bob's family, we will probably be back in Picture Butte on Monday and then staying til we leave on Wednesday.....busy week, but a good one!
Here is a picture of the stepping stone, "Thanks Mumma for all your help!"
For those of you that don't know, on the stone is the flag of South Africa and Phil 4:13 is my life verse. It says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
No comments:
Post a Comment