Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Sorry, it's been a while since I have updated. It seems like I don't have much free time anymore! LOL!!

The students arrived last week and then this past Sunday was the opening night! So far there are 19 students, and only 5 of them are male! LOL...the women are taking over! We have students from all over, they are all really nice and everyone seems to be getting along good. This week is just orientation week, so for example on Monday we did "Amazing Town Tour" where we spilt into groups and had a list of things we had to locate in the town and find and then return. We only had 45 minutes to go to 15 different locations and although I admit I didn't think 45 minutes was long enough, it turned out long enough. In fact, my team even came in second place, which I was quite proud of!

Yesterday afternoon they went for a tour of the community. I didn't go as I volunteered to stay back and help with supper prep if needed. So far I am really enjoying staffing. I am getting excited about the upcoming lectures too, as this school I think there is only 1 speaker that is speaking that spoke on our DTS. I am really looking forward to growing deeper with the students and also in my relationship with God!

What else?? Oh, I know, on Saturday night - we had our second Giggles night. I couldn't think of anything creative, so we all just met and played games. Most of the girls from the DTS came so, it was nice to get to see them in a different element. We ended up playing "mafia" which was lots of fun, cause I was on the winning team for the first game!! :-) I got one of the girls to take a picture of all of us, (as the batteries in my camera were dead!) and as soon as I get a copy of it, I will post it on here for you to see.

Last night I was able to talk to my parents on MSN for about an hour. Which is always nice...I always enjoy talking to them. Then I found out while I was talking to them that Uncle Pat also has msn...I was so shocked!! (but excited) So, I added him and we were able to chat for just a little while, and I also got to chat to Aunty Mary.....what a nice surprise.

Well, I guess that is about it for now, sorry this post is short. I have to be back at the base for 1pm, I just stopped by the house because it is so windy out today, and I wore my sandles and my feet were freezing!!! So, I came to put socks and shoes on. It is spring time here now....can't wait for summer!

Take care everyone, love you all and miss you lots!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yeah, a blog update!! I'm glad you're enjoying staffing...it sounds like you're having fun while you do it. What's Mafia? I don't think I know it...

That's funny to see you say you talked to us last night 'cause it sure felt like morning to me! Lol! But then, you can't wait for summer and our leaves are all turning yellow and orange...

Love you!
Mum

 
Designed by Lena