Well, this past week seems to have just flown by so fast. I can't believe it is Saturday night already...I was going to try and blog earlier this week, but it just never happend. I am going to give you a quick rundown on our week.
Monday - we had staff training in the morning, then in the afternoon, I worked in the office. School starts the 21st of this month, so I lots of emails from the students with last minute questions and stuff. In the evening, we had one of the girls who is on staff over for supper. Her name is Lindsay, she is from Ontario - she is also staffing the school that is going on outreach tomorrow actually. So she will be away for 3 months, it was nice to have her over.
Tuesday - Dan (the school leader) figured we needed to do something fun and bonding time. So.....we headed off to Port Elizabeth (which is about an hour away) and went to the mall there, had lunch (pizza..yummy!), then went to see a movie. As there was 11 of us, of course everyone wanted to see something different. I went with three other girls and one guy and we saw Mamma Mia....oh, my word!! It is a musical (if you didn't know!) and I LOVED it!! It was so well done and so funny! Even Natasha who came with us, there was nothing else she wanted to see and she said she hated musicals, she enjoyed it! So, that shows you it was good! After our movies we went back to Natasha's house (she's from PE) and her mom had made some yummy cake! After that we headed back home, we arrived in Jbay at about 8pm. It was a long day, but a good day! Lots of fun!
Wednesday - more staff training and more working in the office! Our first students arrive this coming Wednesday the 17th, so we have had to rearrange some rooms at the base. For example right now the ladies dorms only hold 8 girls, but our school there is 15 of them coming! So, we had to move where the libary was to hold all the girls! It's going to be fun...so far we have about 25 or so students. From all over, Canada, USA, South Korea, Holland, Germany, Switerland, South Africa, Cameroon, England, Ghana...I'm getting excited!
Thursday - again, more staff training and in the office. Although this time in staff training we did the personality test, DISC. I have never done it before but Bob has always told me that I am a high S with I as my secondary. Well, here I took the test and I am here to tell you, my husband is correct!! LOL! Although I am a perfectionist in some areas which is a C. In the evening we had our friends, Billy and Veronika over. They are both on staff on this school but only Billy is going on outreach now.
Friday - instead of going to staff training, Amanda (the base leaders wife) invited me over to her house for tea. All the married ladies from the base got together. It was nice, we didn't have much time to visit and most of the ladies had to bring their kids. Which were 4 boys all under the age of 3...needless to say, most of our time together was watching them!! Haha - but it was still nice just to spend time and talk. Amanda says she wants to make sure we get together at least once a month...sounds like fun! That and then when I do my Giggles event....fun, fun fun!
Also, the other thing we did on Friday night was head over to the Vineyard church for an hour of prayer. The Vineyard church is where Mark is the Pastor, Bob and I have made it our home church. They were having a night of prayer and invited people to come for an hour and just pray. We had signed up to pray from 7 - 8pm, but Mark called us and asked us if we would go at 9 - 10pm as they didn't have anyone signed up for that time. (they started the prayer meeting at 6 and went til midnight!) So, we agreed. I have to admit to you all....I did not want to go, my skin was acting up on Friday and I was so frustrated with it! I didn't even want to talk to God - I know that is wrong..but I'm being honest here! The last few days my skin has gotten worse...I don't know what starts it or irrates it..it is just so frustrating! Anyway...I didn't want to go, but Bob told me I had to go, cause I had agreed. Well, I'm here to tell you...God met me there! I was praying and then four of the guys from our DTS, (who are now doing their SBS) came in and wow....God spoke to me so much through them. Kamba (my brother) starting praying and he came up with the verse Matt. 11:28 - 30 which says.."Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Wow...God spoke right to my heart...I just broke down and started crying and praying! It always amazes me how God knows just what we need, when we need it! God is so good!! We ended up staying and praying until 10:30 - it was such an awesome time!
Today, we had a good day. In the morning we headed over to one of the shops. The guys that are doing their SBS, were doing some fundraising, selling pancakes. (ok...I have to tell you, that it was actually crapes, but here in South Africa, they call them pancakes!) The guys did really good...the ended up making quite a bit of money that will go to their school fees. Bob and I just hung around and tried to help, I ended up doing the cash for them, so they could do the cooking. Then we headed over to Mark's house, Bob and Roxzanne are working on the manual for our DTS school. I just relaxed and read on the couch.
Tonight, Bob is still there now and I am home. I just did about 2 hours on the wii fit! Now I am going to watch some Corner Gas and just relax on the couch! I was hoping to catch my parents on line, but haven't seen them yet! Maybe tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job blogging! I've got to get back into it...I just don't feel like it lately. There's lots to comment on, but let me just say that I'm praying for your skin and so glad that God met you when you needed to talk to Him. It seems that during those times when we pull away, we need Him the most...
Yummy crepes...remember the ones we had at De Koffeepot? Sooooo good!
Hey, have you seen the dolphins yet? 9:00 a.m. - that's when we used to see them!
Love you!
Mum
Post a Comment