Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Smallville, Stuffing and Scrabble....

Yes, the all begin with the letter S!

First, Smallville.....the last few days I have been watching lots of Smallville. About a month ago Bob bought season 7 and was going to watch it, but I told him I wanted to get caught up and so because of that, I had to start at season 1. (I had only seen a couple of episodes from season 1 before) Needless to say, I have been watching and watching and truth be told I have been enjoying it! Just the other night I finally finished season 6 so yesterday, Bob and I started season 7!

Second, Stuffing…..Bob wanted to try and make a turkey again yesterday. We invited our friends, Dan and Mella over. We did a big meal, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies and cheese sauce. I even tried my hand at gravy and let me tell you…it turned out so yummy! I think I have figured out how to make Dad’s stuffing…Thanks so much Dad! After supper we watched a little tv, then we headed out and walked over to Steers. We had a soft serve ice cream with caramel topping! It was so good and a great way to end a great meal.

Third, Scrabble…..This morning Bob and I played a game of Scrabble. I bought it for him for Christmas. It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed it! I can’t remember the last time I played Scrabble…Bob of course won, but it was fun! I see a lot more games in our future :-)

Right now I am watching Mamma Mia and enjoying it! Bob bought it for me for Christmas… I have seen it once before and love singing along with the songs!

Tonight is New Years Eve…I am not sure what we are doing. I think we are going to see if the Salidas are doing anything. Not really sure! I still can’t believe that is it going to be 2009 – where does the time go? Life just seems to go by so fast!

Happy New Years Everybody…we love you all and are so thankful for all of you!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

You've mastered the gravy, too?? Lol...good for you, KB!! I'll have to try the stuffing some day...oh, but wait, I don't have to, as I have the king of stuffing with me all the time!! Ha ha... So, you've ended up liking Smallville, I gather. It didn't do much for me but then I've only watched a couple. I have yet to see Mama Mia.

I'm glad you and Bob like to play games together - maybe some day my hubbie will like to play games and we can do something besides watch the tube...lol...whoops, did I say that out loud?? Hint, hint, honey!

I'm glad this time is a relaxing break for you and Bob...enjoy it because the new DTS will soon be upon you!

Love and hugs!
Mum

Floyd said...

Hi Babe. Happy New year.
Glad to hear that your stuffing came out good. Not much to it when you think about it eh? Any dummy can make it (I Did).ha ha
Now I have to learn to make gravy but wait I have the Queen of gray here with me so I don't have to learn right?
Guess I'll have to start playing games with her after reading her comment to you. ha ha. Yes she did say it out loud.sigh.
Love you sweetie.Miss you guys so much.
Dad

Listening With a Heart of Faith said...

Sounds like fun relaxing times...and who knew you'd also be supplying some blog counseling time for your parents! Ha ha. Seems they are getting some issues out in the open. ;)

Love you!

Wendy said...

ROTFLOL at Julia's comment... sometimes you can say things on the net that you can't say face to face... Wait, I HAVE said it face to face...ha ha...

I'll keep you posted on the game thing!

 
Designed by Lena