Thursday, January 08, 2009

Staff Training

I know, it's been a while since I have blogged...I keep meaning to, but there just seems to not be enough time in the days. This past Friday our friend Tony came into Jbay and has been staying with us. He just finished his DTS in December and for Christmas went down to Capetown to visit friends, he is back in Jbay now, working on getting his volunteer visa as he is planning to go to Durban for a few months and then come back and staff here in Jbay. I mentioned him once before here on my blog, I think it was back in November. It has been fun having him here. He and I have been playing a game of Scrabble every night I think...so far he is up 6 games to 1..LOL!! I guess I'm not that good. Oh, well, I'm still enjoying it.

The other this is this past week has been filled with staff training for the January DTS. I am getting excited. We are now 5 staff (2 females, with me being 1 of them!) and so far we have 15 students and all but 3 are girls!! Please pray for us! LOL But this week has been awesome, we have had a speaker come from the International DTS Centre in Capetown, his name is Holger. (Bob and I had met him on Slingshot back in November) He is such an awesome guy, he is originary from Germany but has lived all over since he has been with YWAM for like the last 20 some years. He has such knowledge on schools, it is just amazing. We have had such a great week.

This weekend (it's Thursday night here) we are heading on a road trip! We have friends that we met back in November at Slingshot that are getting married this Saturday in Klerksdorp - which is a 10 hour car drive from here. They invited us and we thought why not...see part of the country we have never seen before! We are really excited, it is north east part South Africa and right in the middle, so we have been told that it is going to hot! We are going with Natasha so it should be fun!

Well...I must go, Tony and I were in the middle of playing a game when his Mum called and he took the phone call, so I had time to wait...so that's why I started blogging! Now he has just come back, and is ready to continue the game. So far I am beating him, but the game has only just began...maybe he will be nice and let me win this one!! Wishful thinking...LOL

Night Everyone!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Did you win? Ha ha... I wish I could go to Klerksdorp - it sounds like such a fun place!! I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the wedding festivities! When are we going to chat - before we leave?

Love you!
Mum

Listening With a Heart of Faith said...

....I'm reading your blog! :) Love ya!

 
Designed by Lena