Thursday, February 05, 2009

I saw God this week....

I don't even know where to start...I have seen God in so many people this week!
I meant to blog about this the other day, and then today when God showed Himself again tonight, I know I can't go without sharing!

On Tuesday, as a school we were in the kitchen on tea break having some birthday cake (as it was one of the students birthday) I happened to look over my shoulder and there was a man that lives across the street from the base. I have seen him a couple times before. Anyway, my first thought is, if I ignore him he won't talk to me. So, I do..then I look over and see that he is talking to Bob – this doesn't surprise me cause most people love to talk to Bob. Then I see Bob is wrapping up some cake for him, for the man and his wife! By this time I realize that this guy is drunk. (and it's only 11:00am!) As Bob is wrapping up the cake, I happen to catch this guy's eye; so I decide to talk to him. He tells me he has a new friend and his friend (aka: Bob) is getting him a piece of cake. I giggle to myself; then he asks me where I am from? I tell him Canada and needless to say I have shocked him, he is just in awe that I am from Canada! I ask him “well, where is your friend from?” (I point to Bob) He says he doesn't know, so I say “ask him!” When he finds out that Bob and I are married and from Canada, he is in so much more shock. (it was quite cute!) He asks Bob what his name is, when Bob tells him, he asks...”how do you spell that?” I once again laughed to myself! After Bob spells it out the guy starts singing “Bob, bob, bob, bob a ran” and then all of the sudden this guy is crying!! I look over to Bob and he has his arm around this man and holding him while he cries. Just looking at my husband – I see God in him. God would talk to the person I would ignore, God would give the man something to eat, and God would comfort this man while he cried and that is what my husband did! It was so awesome to see God through Bob. I later found out that the reason the man was crying was because Ritchie Valen, Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper died in the airplane crash!! (how many years ago was that??) LOL

Then this afternoon we had evangelism. Normally what we do is go into the community, pray for people and then invite them to the meeting that the base holds on Thursday nights. Today, instead of going and praying for people, my team was just walking through the community, handing out flyers inviting people to come to the meeting. Community meeting happens twice a month; it's just an evening of worship and then someone gives a short message. Well, we handed out lots of flyers. Just as we were finishing, one of the girls(Kelsey) handed out a flyer to a guy in a wheelchair, he said he would love to come, but wanted to know if we could pick him up. I must admit my first thought was that he really didn't want to come, but was being polite. Needless to say, when Bob and I arrived at the base for the meeting (3 hours later) I just happened to look up and saw the kombi entering the property and there in the kombi was Kelsey in the front seat, in the back was this man and his wheelchair! I just started bawling!!

That was the first of my tears of the night. All through the night we were praying for people and just seeing God move among the people. I was so proud of the DTS – as we had heard this past week about God's attributes and how we have the same power as Jesus, we just don't use it. But as I looked around, I saw students holding children, singing and praying for people - it was amazing! I was in awe – God was present and was showing himself to me. All I could do was sing and cry! There was one man, when he arrived he stunk like alcohol and when he talked to me he wasn't making any sense. Half way through the night, he just fell to the ground and started rolling around on the ground, screaming. Once he got up, he was totally sober and he went up to the front and shared what God had done and you know what he didn't even smell like alchohol anymore! It was amazing!

God showed Himself to me so much tonight and actually this whole week. I am so in love with him. More then before, the fact that we as a school heard all about the power we have in Jesus and then to see us use that power tonight – awesome!

God is good - all the time!
All the time - God is good!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Okay...I did have to laugh about the Bob Bob Bor ann...and the reason for his tears...

The rest is incredible, KB! I am so thrilled for you and Bob, that the Lord is using you there every second and teaching you so much about how He touches people's hearts. He takes the rejected and raises them up to stand by His side! He is so incredibly wonderful!!

I can't wait to hear more.... Love you!!

Mum

Anonymous said...

God is good Kristy.I just pray that I will take the time to be nice to people like you guys are doing. Sometimes we just walk by. sigh.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that God is speaking to you and showing you more of Himself through others. I love you KB!

Ruley

Listening With a Heart of Faith said...

Finally caught up on this post! :) I cried, laughed hard and cried again! So wonderful..and so funny....the Bob thing, of course. Ha ha ha. :) Thank you God that you are working in my dear friend Kristy as you use her! How awesome!

 
Designed by Lena