Thursday, February 12, 2009

Plumbline week

This week on DTS has been such a busy week!! It's Plumbline week which if you remember from my DTS - It's a hard but good week; a week where God shows the areas of life that we have built up walls of rejection and then he wants to break down these walls.

Even though it is a hard week for the students it is also a hard week for us as staff. As s school we have been having lectures every morning and then every evening as well. As staff we have had a lot of meetings in the afternoons; our meetings usually consist of us praying for the students that they will be open to Plumbline ministry time. (which starts tomorrow)

The one thing that is really cool is twice this week is I have been wide awake at 4:30 in the mornings. As I lie on my bed at that time, I pray and ask God what is the reason and then it hits me, He wants me to pray and interceed for the students. The first day, I was like "what the....."
but after the second day, I realized what a priveldge it is to interceed on someone else's behalf - and so when He woke me up the second day, I really just enjoyed being in His presence.

Yesterday night after lectures, we got home around 9pm, Bob went over and visited the Salida's and I hopped on line - I was so excited to see that my parents were on skype! Needless to say, we ended up talking for about 2 hours! It was so much fun! The line was so clear, it was like they were in the room beside me. There was a couple times where the line went fuzzy, but we just hung up and called each other back and it was all good! I had such a wonderful talk with Mum. Sometimes we just ended up laughing and other times we got serious...thanks so much Mumma, sure do love you!

Well I would love to write more, but I am so tired! I will try to update again soon! Night!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

It was a really good chat time, wasn't it? Times like that make it not seem so far away....

I'm praying for you all as you go through the Plumbline! Enjoy your mornings with God....

Love you!
Mum

Floyd said...

Hi Babe. It was really good chatting with you and Bob. I sure do love you.
I miss you lots and lots. Glad to hear the you are going to Mexico. Now you will see what Bob liked about it too.
Glad you are enjoying Plumbline. Love you.

Wendy said...

Your Blog List lies. LOL. But you already knew that. I blogged today and it says I haven't blogged for four days....


Love you!
Mum

Wendy said...

Gosh! Now it says "5 days ago"!! ROTFLOL!

Wendy said...

And now it has fixed itself! LOL...silly Blog List! Everyone: quick, look now, it's accurate!

(can you tell I'm bored??)

 
Designed by Lena