Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baptism....

...Today I got the joy and the privilege to baptize on of the students from the DTS!

It was so awesome! She had told me about a week ago she wanted to get baptized and she wanted me to baptize her!! I felt so honored and so blessed! So, this morning as a school we met and Daan (the acting base leader) came and shared a little bit about baptism, then we headed down to the ocean. There were two people that got baptized, Oscar and Naomi. I was blessed to be able to baptize Naomi. It was so awesome! The water was cold at first and so Naomi and I decided we were just going to run right in, so we could get warm faster, so we just ran as fast as we could! Yes, indeed it was quite cold, but once your whole body got wet, it didn't feel as cold! LOL!

It was such an awesome experience and I was so thankful that I was able to be there and share on this special day with her and even to be a part of it! God is just so awesome!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm sure glad you didn't meet any of those great whites that SA is infamous for!! Ha ha...

What an incredible experience - for you both!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kb that is sooo awesome! You must have impacted her life a lot and God must be using you greatly in your leadership there in the base. I'm so proud of you sis;) Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

that last post was by me, Mandy, by the way:) HAHA

Lindsay said...

That's awesome Kristy!! :)

 
Designed by Lena