Saturday, March 14, 2009

Heading to Worcester...AGAIN!!!

Well...this week has been a good but busy week. On Friday morning, I went to home affairs and picked up my visa. So, I am now legally allowed to be in the country until August 2010! Which it really nice! It took a long time to wait and pick it up, but now it is all done and I don't have to worry about going back there again!

We have had a good week with our school, Mark was teaching on "The Word" which is where the last post came from. Also, this week some of the Sept. DTS students have still been here, which has been nice as we have been able to spend a little more time with them. We have had some of them over for dinner. It's been fun! Last night we had two of the girls over, one of the girls is from Vancouver and the other from Cornation (yes, Alberta!). We watched the movie "7 Brides for 7 Brothers"!! LOL! We had fun laughing at it and the BAD scenery and stuff. The reason we watched it was on their DTS, someone started singing one of the songs and so the three of us were so excited we decided when they get back from outreach, we were going to watch it! And...we did! Last night too I was able to talk to my Mum on line for about an hour and during that time, Mandy came on for a bit too, so it was good to be able to chat with both of them.

Today we had a staff fundraiser this morning at 8am! As a base we are trying to get our staff fees (every staff pays monthly fees to the base) paid down. As a fundraiser, we sold hot dogs, pop, pancakes (what we call "crepes") and clothes. We did pretty good..it was so hot out today, so I managed to work on my tan! (sorry couldn't resist!) Then in the afternoon, three of the girls from the Sept. DTS wanted to go to the world's highest bungy jump. Bob and I drove them in our car, and got to go and watch them. I'm so proud of them...don't think I could have done it!

Then at 7:30pm, we went out with all the remaining students from the Sept. DTS for supper. It was lots of fun! They really were a good bunch...I'm going to miss them!

Tomorrow, as a DTS (the January school) we are heading to Worcester for the week. The DTS from the Worcester base is having a guest speaker from Argentina and we have been invited to join them. As this is some of the students first time to South Africa, they are looking forward to seeing more of the country and stuff like that. It should be lots of fun. Needless to say, this I am ending this post. Here it is 10:55pm and I still haven't packed yet and we are leaving at 8am tomorrow morning! (no wonder I always feel tired!)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

HI Kristy! I love your blog! It sounds like you are still having a fantastic time in jbay. I'm so proud of you and Bob. That's great about your visas. That must be a relief! Don't miss Canada too much. I'm holdin' down the fort for ya. it's still cold. But I saw a robin today so spring will be here soon. but yeah, enjoy jbay 'cause re-entry is NOT as fun! :) Love ya Kristy, say hi to Bob for me too.

Wendy said...

I'm glad your visa came through okay - don't forget France 2010!

Have fun at Worcester - I'll be looking forward to hearing how it went. I'm glad you're not into the Bungy Jumping thing - that was a mighty high bridge!! That's where I almost lost my lens, remember??

Love you!
Mum

 
Designed by Lena