Friday, March 20, 2009

All In All

Internet at Worcester is really slow!!!

I have been trying to log on for the past two days but the internet hasn't been working, so here it is Friday afternoon and I am finally getting around to blogging. We arrived here on Sunday afternoon. It has been a good week, the teaching has been great. It is a guy from Argentina and he has been speaking on "The Great Commission" - really powerful. The weather has been ok...we were told that they were having a heat wave the week before we came and so we were expecting the same type of weather...WRONG! LOL! In fact in the mornings it's been a little cold! Oh, well - we did manage to go as a school to the Goudini Spa (where Bob and I stayed with Ed and Lynette two weeks ago) and the weather was so beautiful that day. That was a blessing and the students enjoyed it. Although I can't complain, today it is so hot outside and beautiful!

Tomorrow is Saturday and we are going to take the students in for a day trip to Capetown. Just as some of them have never been and that way, they can see more of South Africa. Then we are heading back to Jbay on Sunday morning, should be home by Sunday late afternoon. One thing that I have been struggling with is outreach. Being a leader for outreach for the first time, (and as I have never been to Mexico) I am worried that maybe I won't be a good leader or that the team won't have enough ministry or lots of other things. As a team we have been meeting and the one thing everyone is worried about is finances.

God spoke to me the other day, that He does want to provide for us. But I need to do my part. So, I prayed and asked God - what is my part? This is what I felt that God was telling me....fast! All day! So, I decided that today I am going to fast....all three meals! I also felt that I needed to let the students know in case any of them wanted to join me. I was really surprised when I mentioned it to the students, some of them said that God had been speaking to them and there were thinking of fasting too. How awesome is God? I opened it up to both outreach teams. This morning during breakfast there were three other girls and me and we sat outside and prayed. It was awesome! During lunch, there was the same three girls and then two guys decided to join us! It was awesome as well! I am so in awe of God - when I thought I would be hungry, He has taken away my hunger! I love Him so much and I so enjoy when He speaks. The one song He gave us this afternoon as we were praying was "All in All" - He really is my all - not just in finances, but of everything!

All In All

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all

Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord to give up, I’d be a fool
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your name

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again, I bless Your name
You are my all in all

When I fall down, You pick me up
When I am dry, You fill my cup

You are my all in all

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awwww Kristy!!! You are so awesome. God is so faithful eh! :) Kristy, you're gonna be an awesome outreach leader. All you have to do is seek God's face and trust Him when He tells you to do something! You just be the wonderful person you are and love with all your heart... and it will be great. I know it. I'm so proud of you!!

Floyd said...

Hi Babe. You'll be an awesome leader. God will be at your side every step of the way.Don't worry. I sure do love you.
Dad

Wendy said...

I haven't heard heard that song for a long time - thanks for bringing it back to my memory...

I'm waiting for photos of the Capetown trip!

Love you!

 
Designed by Lena