Saturday, April 11, 2009

Greetings from Johannesburg

God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good!

As I wrote in my last post, God has closed the door on us as an outreach team going to Mexico! But we are excited because that means He is going to open another door! Since Tuesday night we have been staying at the Joseph Project in Johannesburg. The Joseph Project is a ministry of YWAM, where they work with the youth of Johannesburg. It is a really awesome ministry and we as a team have been doing programs for the kids. Normally it is older kids that come here, but right now, most of the kids have time off school due to the Easter holidays, so we made our program open to all ages. We have had like 70 kids each time! (ranging from age 2 – 14) It's awesome! The kids are so cute!! We have put on two hour programs each time, the first day, the students fell a little short of the time and so we ended up letting the kids go early, but I was very impressed with the team as the next day, they actually filled the whole two hours! The team also did a prayer walk in the community.

I must admit at first I was very nervous about coming here, and then after the guy that runs this place was sharing, I was even more scared. Johannesburg is a scary place. But I am here to tell you, that my God is bigger then all my fears. We even went to the mall today and had to take a taxi and I wasn't scared at all. The only downside on staying here, is that they have no accommodations for married couples, so needless to say, Bob and I are separated in the evenings. Bob is sleeping with the boys and I am with the girls! It's really weird...last night I was so tired I went to bed early and then I ended up lying in bed, and talking to one of the students for an hour before I went to bed. While she was in her bunk and I was in mine...made me feel like a teenager again!

We are still not totally sure where we are heading for the rest of outreach. We have been praying and one place has come up, but I'm sorry and until I know for sure it is a go, then I can not release the name of the location! (that will keep you checking my blog for updates I'm sure!!! LOL) We have contacted some people and once we know for sure, I will update here. We are hoping to know by this coming Tuesday (as Monday is Easter Monday and most business are closed).

One thing that was really awesome, was yesterday morning we were having intercession and praying for the day, outreach locations and stuff. And all of the sudden I felt like God was telling me, as a leader, I needed to wash the teams (as in every member of my team) feet. To prepare them for outreach and to get their feet ready for walking! As God wants to do mighty things through our team and we need to be ready. Also, I wanted to pray for each person! If you know me at all – you will know that I HATE feet! I think feet are ugly! (even my own, they are cute for a while, but if you start to focus on feet...gross!) I'm sorry if I have offended some people, but I believe no one has cute feet! As we were singing and praying this is something that kept coming up and coming up. So, finally I knew I had to listen to God! I went and grabbed a bucket, water, soap and towels and I told the team that I felt God was telling me to do this.

One by one (Bob came first) I washed the feet of my team members and cried and prayed over their feet! I have to tell you, God not only ministered to them, but to me as I was washing their feet! Once I had finished, I just sat on the ground and prayed! Then the whole team came around me and two of the girls washed my feet as the rest of the team prayed for me! Well, let me tell you...if I wasn't a basket case before that time? I was bawling! Our God is so good! I just bawled in His presence! It was just such an amazing time – I could feel God in that room! Amazing...that is all I can say!

That is all the news I have for you now, tomorrow is Easter Sunday and we are going to attend church, the team has been asked to do a drama, a dance and the guy that invited us asked if Bob will give a testimony to speak on missions as Bob is the leader and has given a lot up to be in missions.

Then we wanted to do something special for our Easter meal and so we are going to have a Korean supper. We have two Koreans on our team and they are going to make some Korean pancakes for us! If you have never had them...you are missing out! They are so yummy! They made them once at the base for a meal once and we all enjoyed them so we thought we would do it again...something special and different

Happy Easter everyone – may we always remember what Jesus did for us so many years ago!
Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Kristy - I was deeply touched by your obedience to God's direction - especially as you have "issues" with feet. How precious and sweet to God is our obedience. This passage came to my mind for you and your team:

Isaiah 52:7-10

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the LORD returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes.
Burst into songs of joy together,
you ruins of Jerusalem, for the LORD has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem.
The LORD will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God."

Amen and amen. Our God reigns! I'm excited to hear where he is going to take all those feet!

Love, prayers, and hugs,
Mum

Floyd said...

Hi Babe. Yes God is Awesome. Always was and always will be.I thank God for you every day.I am excited to hear what he has planned for you and the team.Don't keep us in suspenders to long. ha ha. Love you
Happy Easter to you both. Love
Dad

 
Designed by Lena