It is after midnight on Sunday, July 5th! (or I guess it is actually the 6th now!!)
I am leaving for Canada in the afternoon! I really should be sleeping, but I just have a few more things I want to do before I go to bed!
This past weekend has been fun..although I haven't left the house much!! LOL! No...seriously, it's been fun but also a hard weekend! Friday night for supper, about 7 of the students and I went to supper at the Mexican Restuarant! That was fun, although I missed Bob sitting beside me. Then I came home on Friday night to find lots of my family from Mauritius on msn and skype! I talked to some of them for a while. I even got to talk to Mumma! (and see her for a few minutes on the webcam!)
Saturday morning was hard, as I had to say goodbye to Judith and Meghan!! That was not fun at all!! I went with Mark and we took them to the airport at 6am. Judith's flight didn't leave til the afternoon, but a friend was picking her up for her to go visit. So, when we got to the airport - I left her so I could go help Meghan check in. (her flight left at 8am) So, saying goodbye to Judith was easy, as she is South African, I said...see you later! LOL Meghan on the other hand....was a LOT harder!! First, she found out she was 10kgs over the limit! She started taking stuff out of her bag and moving them into her carry on! I tell you it's a good thing her carry on didn't get weighed!! Then she looked at me, and we both knew it was time....that time! Needless to say, the tears started on both of us. I ended it quickly and told her it was time for her to go! As I walked away, I watched my little friend, with huge tears in her eyes walk away! Oh...how I wanted to stop her and tell her to come back! But.....I just kept walking...I didn't look back!
I did good...I didn't cry all the way home, in fact I didn't cry until about half an hour after I had been home...and then...oh my...the tears just came right up! I could have put out a lot of fires!
So, I just went on msn..chatted with some friends (you know who you are!) and I worked on my outreach forms. As outreach leaders there are forms we have to fill out about the outreach and they take a lot of time...so I did that! After lunch, I walked over to where the rest of the students have been staying as it was that time again...to say goodbye to some more students! I tell you, by that time I think most of my tears were gone. So it was a little easier to say goodbye. (it still sucks though!)
Today I went to church, started and almost finished packing, did some laundry and just hung out at home. I was able to talk to Bob for a little while and that is always fun! I can't wait to see him! 3 weeks is just too long!!
I am getting excited about heading back to Canada...although I don't want to fly, I just want to teleport myself there! But I know that won't happen! I am excited to see all my family and friends again...we have lots of catching up to do!
Tonight was the opening for the July DTS. It was good - they have 17 students! I'm excited for them! When I was there, little Luke (I say little but he has gotten bigger in the last three months) was there and he sat on my lap for most of the opening! It was so cute, afterwards I was able to get a picture with him. Which is rare, because he doesn't sit still for long! One thing I though was cute, was he wanted to come home with me!! haha - back in October when Bob was in Mexico I remember I had Luke and his sister, Zoe over to my house one night cause Amanda had to go somewhere and Pieter wasn't home. I couldn't believe Luke still remembered that time, but he did! I told him, when Bob and I get back from our holidays, then he can come for a visit!
Anyway, someone took my camera and took a picture of Luke and I - I like it. So, I am going to post it on here for you to see!
Take care of everyone...I need to still do somethings before I go to bed! See all you Canadians later!! ;-)
2 comments:
Yes, you should be sleeping...but if I was in your shoes, I probably wouldn't be either! Take lots of Gravol and sleep the flights away...
I'm so looking forward to seeing you and hearing all about your mission work in person!
Love, hugs, and kisses,
Mum
Nice to read your news, Kristy. Try to get some sleep on the plane -- it can be done with practice!
Much love from all of us,
Uncle D
Post a Comment