Wednesday, August 12, 2009

9 years ago...

Wow...it's so hard to believe that 9 years ago today, Bob and I said "I do!" The last 9 years haven't always been easy, but I know there is no one else I would rather spend my life with! Bob is the best husband ever, he helps me in so many areas, and I am so thankful to God for him. We have had our hard times, good times and everything, but I know there is no one else I would rather do life with. He encourages me to be the best I can be, and because of that, I want to be a better wife. I was looking at pictures today, of our wedding, (I put some up on facebook) and I was thinking...if you had told me 9 years ago where I would be today, I probably would have laughed. But, I am so thankful to God for the last 9 years. He has kept us healthy and happy! Bob is my best friend and I love spending time with him!

I never would have thought that we would ever live in South Africa! And yet, God is faithful in everything! Last night, we went out to supper with our friends, Dan and Mella to celebrate our anniversaries. As Bob and mine is today (the 12th) and theirs is tomorrow (the 13th, although they have only been married for 4 years). But it was so nice, we ended up going to the mall first and just window shopped, then we went out to dinner at a buffet. We got to the restaurant at 6pm and didn't end up leaving til just before 9pm. It was so nice, just to sit and talk and visit. Dan and Mella were the school leaders on our DTS, and we have got such a great friendship with them. We are so blessed!

Over the years we have been married we have gotten so many close friends and family! Thank you to everyone that has played a part in our marriage by your friendship - you are a blessing! So, today celebrates 9 years of marriage...here's to many more!! I love you Bob!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Aw! I remember the day so well! You were a beautiful bride and still are even today! I can't get on FB at work, so I'll send my wishes here or else you'll be asleep when I get home...

I, too, stand amazed at what God has wrought in your lives and your marriage. How perfect are His plans and ways. If you would have asked me a couple of years ago, I never would have imagined you as being missionaries in South Africa! But we serve a powerful God who loves to bring about change in our lives in order to make us more conformed to the image of His Son.

I can't wait to see what the next 9 years holds for you both...

All my love,

Mumma

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary guys.Wow how the time flies eh? Hope 3285days are just as much fun as the last. Love you both.
Dad

a Christian said...

Congratulations to the both of you!

Uncle D

 
Designed by Lena