On Saturday Bob and I went to Port Elizabeth for the day. I needed to pick up some school supplies for my BCC, also there was a student that was coming in at 12:50pm. We left the house bright and early, got to PE around 10, we went and did all the shopping that I needed to get....wow, it felt weird buying school supplies for myself! But anyway...
We got to the airport around 11:45 and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited....and waited...and...well you get the point! The student wasn't on the flight so we weren't sure what to do so we went over to security and asked them to page the student, and still we waited...nothing!! By this time I was starting to get a little nervous....what if something had happened to him, while he had one of his layovers...(he is from Alberta, so I know it takes like 2 days to get to South Africa) while we are waiting, Bob called the base, asked someone to check and see if he had emailed or get someone to call his house, to make sure he really did leave! Well as PE isn't a very big airport only a handful of flights come in each day and on weekends, it's even less. We didn't want to leave the airport just in case he came in on a different flight. We ended up waiting in the airport for 5 hours!!! Luckily someone had gotten in touch with his friends back home and found out that his first flight was cancelled and so he was on the next flight, but with that, he missed all his flights and so wasn't expected into SA until Sunday afternoon! So, we left....although it was a little bit of a stressful time Bob and I made the most of it and had a fun afternoon together!! It was nice just to be out of the house and be with Bob - I sure do love my husband!!
Then Sunday afternoon, we got the call that he had arrived in PE, so Bob went and picked him up. Last night was the opening night for the DTS and there was a girl arriving at 9:30pm. I offered to go and pick her up as the DTS had to be at the opening. Mark came with me and actually he did the driving! (I don't like to drive at night!) She was also coming from Canada, luckily this time, her flight arrived 10 minutes early, so Mark and I didn't have to wait!
Today was my first day of BCC - It was good, not too stressful! I do have homework already though...I have to read the book of Philemon 10 times before tomorrow morning and have to learn all the books of the Bible in order. I know most of the books, it's just the later ones in the old testament that give me a little bit of a hard time. But I am thinking, I'm going to quickly run out now and get some index cards, and write the names of the books on there and then post them all over the house ;-)
Well, I must get going...I got reading and writing to do! Take care everyone!
1 comment:
Well, I'm glad your student finally arrived safely...
I've been wondering how this week has been going for you both, so it was good to read the update. We are praying for you as you tackle your schooling, and Bob as he leads the DTS.
Love you!
Mum
Post a Comment