Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wednesday Update

I figure it's time to update again! We are doing well, I am preparing for BCC (by preparing I mean not doing a whole lot, cause I have heard once it starts I will be so busy!) Orientation for BCC starts on Friday and classes start on Monday, I am both excited and nervous! Please keep me in your prayers! Also, keep Bob in your prayers. The DTS opening night is Sunday night and classes start on Monday as well. I think so far they have like 25 students from all over. I know that Bob and I are going to be so busy these next 3 months, but I'm so excited about what God is going to do in our lives in this next season.

The last couple of days I have spent just relaxing, cleaning the house, spending time in the Bible and also listening to some sermons by Paul Washer. Before I left Canada, Mum put some of his sermons on my little hard drive, he is very good. After I hear them I really just have to reflect. He is a very good speaker!

Also, since Sunday Bob and I have had a house guest! Elizabeth from the April DTS here in Jbay, she is from Virginia and graduated from DTS about 2 weeks ago. She is staying to staff on the base, she is staffing the Sept DTS with Bob and also staffing the coming up January DTS. As she is going right into staffing a school, Dan and Bob both thought it would be good for her just to relax a little bit before. She is 19 and really funny! She keeps me laughing! It's been fun to have someone else in the house to talk to. (when Bob is off doing DTS stuff!) She is heading back to the base today or tomorrow. She just went out and bought some hair dye, she dyed her hair black while she was on outreach - and now needs to do some touch up! I'm expecting her back very soon!

The other exciting thing, is I am waiting for news from home to hear if my sister has had her baby yet!! Tanya was due on the 13th and still hasn't had Sophia yet...I have my phone on at all times, waiting for the call ;-) I just love being an aunty!! As soon I as hear from the family and get a picture of our newest princess, I will post it on here. It's time like this that makes me miss home more!

Well Elizabeth just got back from buying her hair dye, so I think I am going to go watch and be supportive!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

We, too, are awaiting the princess' arrival! Silly girl, taking her time like this.

I'm excited about your upcoming course and will be looking for news on how it's going...

Paul Washer speaks such Truth - his sermons (and others like Ravenhill and Reidhead) have changed my Christian walk so much and caused me to return to my first Love...

Hugs and kisses,

Mum

 
Designed by Lena