Saturday, October 24, 2009

My new best friend....

....is Max McLean!! (and I don't even know him!!)

You are probably wondering how I can have a new best friend and not even know him?? Well let me start at the beginning. Last week, I had to read the book Deuteronomy out loud in one sitting, and as I was doing that, I started to get tired and tired; I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to stay awake! Reading a long book like that, all in one sitting and out loud, it is really hard to stay awake. So as I was sitting I began to think....what could I do to make this any easier, if only there was someone that would want to read it for me?

And then I thought....do an goggle search...."listen to the Bible on line", and what do you know...I found something!!! Biblegateway.com - you can click here and listen to any book of the Bible, any chapter and even any version you want!! I LOVE IT!! Needless to say, I have let my new best friend Max do all my reading for me, and all I have to do is sit and follow along in my BIble and just enjoy listening to him read! Even Bob has been enjoying listening with me. It makes me think of maybe buying the whole Bible on CD, I know you can but never had thought I would enjoy it. But, it turns out...I do!

Anyway, I didn't do much today. Just did laundry, listened to Max read me the book of Joshua and just did stuff around the house. Bob made supper tonight, it was so nice. Also, he helped and did dishes!! I am so blessed!

Tomorrow 3 of the base staff girls are coming over and are spending the week with us. Jbay is hosting a Nations2Nations conference (YWAM event) where all the DTS's schools from all over South Africa come for a week of celebration! So, as there is so many people coming, the base leadership asked if we could host some people cause we have a spare room. We decided on hosting the girls we know and then the girls are letting a family stay in their room for the week! I'm looking forward to it, the girls are great and are so funny! I'm excited to have friends stay with us for a week!

Well, that's about all for now...until next post!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Good ole' Max! Aren't you supposed to read it out loud though? How's his voice? Dad gave me the Bible on CD once but the man's voice puts me to sleep, so I found my mind wandered. I didn't try it with my Bible open in front of me, though. That may be better. I use BibleGateway.com all the time for verse searches. I didn't know Max lurked there somewhere...

I bet Dad might like that as he doesn't like to read....hmmmm...

Love you!
Mum

Anonymous said...

I have the bible on CD somewhere. I gave it to Hank and he gave it back to me remember?I think if you read it out loud you (might) just retain more of it then if Max reads it to you. I was watching Neil Anderson on TV today and he was telling all about one of his book The Bondage Breaker so I went looking and we have it here so I started reading it today. Maybe Max will read it to me???? Love you Bab and am so proud of you . Have fun with the girls this coming week. Wish I was there. I love you.
Dad

Anonymous said...

LOL, isn't that kinda cheating?? Aren't you supposed to read it out loud? haha I guess if it works for you that's all that matters:)

Love you KB. Have a great week!

Ruley

Wendy said...

Hey KB! I went on to listen to Max and found out that his buddy, Dale McConachie, reads my version (New American Standard). I listened to a bit and really enjoyed it! I think Dale might become my "new best friend"!!

Love you!
Mum

 
Designed by Lena