Thursday, December 03, 2009

Last week of BCC.....

Wow...I can't even believe I actually typed that! This week is the last week of BCC, and it's been a nice week, and believe it or not, we didn't have that much homework! We learned about Wisdom Literature. It was a nice way to end the school. I still have a little bit of homework that needs to be done, but it's mostly just reading...

It has been so hot here lately...I don't think I have or ever will get used to the whole summer in December thing! It still looks weird when it is so hot out...to see stores with Christmas decorations and stuff. Last Saturday the DTS had a fundraising bbq (or braai) and it was a whole day event. It went really good and I was privileged to be able to help them out! I so enjoyed spending time with them and getting to know them all better. It was so hot out, that I ended up getting a really BAD sunburn on my shoulders! This whole week they have been pealing and it is actually quite gross!! But yeah for tan!! I have felt like the last three months due to the BCC I haven't seen any daylight, so it was nice to spend the whole day outside!!!

This coming Tuesday night is our BCC Grad! I can't believe that it is almost over...where did the last three months go? It seems like just the other day we started! I am so thankful to God for the opportunity to be able to spend the last three months focusing on His word and learning more about Him. Even though I have been so tired at times...God has always come through and given me just enough strength to continue.

Also, the DTS leaves for outreach on Monday! I can't remember if I have posted on here...but Bob and I are going on outreach! The team we are going to be a part of is going to Swaziland and different parts of South Africa. The team leaves on Monday and we will catch up with them around the 27th of this month. Bob and I are going to have a couple of weeks together...it's going to be so nice!

Outreach will go until the end of February. Graduation is the beginning of March. We are trusting God for outreach fees. I am looking forward to outreach....the team is all African except Bob and I. The other staff is a guy from Madagascar (his wife is a student) and then the other staff, is a young girl from South Africa. The students are 1 guy from Nigeria and then we have 5 others from South Africa. We are excited about this team! God is going to do amazing things through this team and I am excited to be a part of it. Please keep us in your prayers, for safety and everything. We will be traveling by public transport...which means buses!! I am going to try and keep my blog updated while we are on outreach. Letting you know how you can pray for us and also to share with you the stuff that God is going to do!!

Well....I must get going...I have to get supper ready and then maybe do a little more reading of the Bible!

3 comments:

David said...

oh sorry for your sunburn... Here in MU its also very hot!!!!

Wendy said...

I can't wait to hear how God uses you and meets your needs during outreach - that is always such an exciting time of your DTS. I will be praying about your finances - as always, God is faithful and will provide.

(Okay...mother in me speaking now):
Sunburn again?? KB!! When are you going to learn carry sunblock with you? Or at least put it on when you know you're going to be out in the sun all day... Silly girl - it's not good for you to continually burn, peel, and heal, burn, peel, and heal!

Love you!!

Floyd said...

Hi Babe
Glad to see you blogging.It is always interesting to rea all about you DTS and all the things that GOD is doing in your ;ives. I sure do miss you . Love Dad

 
Designed by Lena