Saturday, December 12, 2009

Very, very, very busy week!

Well I have tried to update this blog all this week, and I can't even begin to explain how tired I am!! I thought after BCC I would be able to rest...but if this week any indication...then I am in big trouble! ;-)

This past week, we had our oral test on BCC on Monday! I was a little worried about it, and really had no reason to be worried, it was just us one at a time sitting with the school leader and she asked us questions! When we didn't know the answers, she just helped us out! LOL

Tuesday evening was our BCC Grad!!!! It was lots of fun! We had to perform a skit based on the book of Esther (just the students) so we decided to do something fun, so we took pictures of all our staff and then used those as faces for the skit. I guess maybe you had to be there....it was a lot more funnier in person, it sounds a little silly as I write it!

After the BCC grad, Bob and I remembered that one of our friends, (she did DTS last September) was coming for a visit for a week or so. So, needless to say, after the grad we started cleaning the house. She arrived on Wednesday morning, we wanted to make sure her room was clean, so we got up around 7am on Wednesday and continued cleaning! Then Wednesday night was another grad at the base. SCALD (School of Creative Arts and Leadership Development) and so we went to that, and ended up getting to bed after midnight on that night too. Thursday we had a staff Christmas party for lunch! I volunteered to help with the cooking. Amanda (the base leader's wife) wanted to make a turkey and stuffing and I agreed to help with that. Needless to say, that is why I got to bed so late on Wednesday night, because I started doing prep for the stuffing, I cut all the celery and all the onions. Then Thursday morning I was up at 6am (Tradition!!) and started toasting the bread and mixing the stuffing! It turned out really yummy...I put some pictures on my Facebook page!

Then also on Thursday was the July DTS grad (yes, that's right - three graduations in 3 nights!). We went to that and ended up staying til after 9:30 as I helped them clean up the hall and do some dishes from their snacks. Then Friday morning we went to visit the outreach teams. They are in a town only 45 minutes from here. They left on outreach on Monday. It was good to see them again...everyone seems to be doing good, even though it is only the first week.

Today is Saturday, and I really just want to stay in my pj's all day....but, it's not going to happen. Patricia is still with us until Monday and so i think I might go to the beach with her today. Just for a little while, but I need to make sure I put sun lotion on! It has been so hot here the last couple of weeks - sorry to all my friends and family in Alberta, I hear the weather has not been so nice for you! Although I have to tell you, as much as I enjoy the sun, I really, really do miss the snow!! This Christmas will be my 3rd Christmas without snow! It's just wrong I tell you!!

Bob and I are starting to prepare for outreach. We will leave on the 26th of this month...two weeks from today! Bob wants to see if maybe we can take only ONE backpack between the two of us! So, I guess we will see how that goes! I do want to go through my clothes though, as I feel like I do have lots that I don't really wear anymore, and so, really why keep them?

This week coming up I plan to relax, clean house, and just spend time with Bob! I'm looking forward to it. I also want to spend some time at the beach as I haven't really been in the last three months due to BCC! Bob bought a little Christmas tree last year, and I really want to put that up again this year.

I still can't believe....only 13 days until Christmas!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you say I am always busy . Wow have you been busy or what????? Love you Babe. Nice talking to you on MSN this morning .( morning for me)

Love you and miss you .
Dad

Wendy said...

Finally...you have learned to put sunscreen on when you go to the beach! LOL...

You've had a busy week! Congrats on your grad and the turkey dinner! Enjoy the next few days with Bob and try to relax before outreach begins!

Love you!
Mum

David said...

Wow! what a week! 3 grads!!! Congrats for your graduation!!!
Enjoy your few days relaxing :-)

 
Designed by Lena