This past week was the first week of the April DTS! It has been going really good, we have 12 students, from all over - USA, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, England, Cameroon, Nigeria and South Africa. We are a team of 6 staff, Bob, me, the school leader is from Nigeria, a young girl from USA and one other couple from South Africa! It's been a great school so far! The students are all great and last week we had a speaker speak on "Hearing the voice of God" - he was very good! Tonight was small group night, and we had a lot of fun in our group! Two of the girls made supper, it was very yummy! We had a great night, just talking, and getting to know each other a little bit better. This week in lectures we have one of the guys who is leadership on our base, Daan - he was also Bob and mine school leader when we did our DTS in September 2007. (can't believe it was so long ago!) He is such a great friend! We are so blessed!
Also, this past week as staff of YWAM Jeffreys Bay - we decided to start coming together, praying for our base and for the different things we face! We want to remove anything that is not from God on our base. The one staff member that was heading this whole thing up, felt that we should meet for 7 days straight so, this past week every morning (including the weekend!) as staff we have been meeting at 6am for about 2 hours of prayer! Let me tell you, even though it's early - they have been awesome times! God has really been present and has been saying a lot of things to us as. Even though it is very tiring (one of the reasons I haven't blogged!) - because for people like us who staff the DTS we get to the base at 6am and then spend the day with the school, we usually have somethings in the evening and so by the time Bob and I get to bed, it's like 10:30! But like I said, even though it was tiring...it was an awesome week - to see God speak to us! Today was suppose to be the last day, but we decided this morning to go one more day and we are all going to meet tomorrow morning, but it's going to be a time of worship, time for us to reflect and just to sit in God's presence!
The other thing I have started doing is exercising again! This time I really wanted to stick with it. I heard somewhere that "they" (whoever THEY are!) say if you do something for 21 days, it forms a habit and you stick with it. So, I was determined this time! Last year Bob and I bought an exercise bike! I must confess I used it for a little while, but then started my BCC and didn't use it much at all, due to being so busy with homework. Then after BCC, we went on outreach with the September DTS, so wasn't here to use it. But I decided I want to start it up again! Well, I am proud to say to you....today was day number 21, and I feel great! I don't think I have lost any weight yet, but I have been doing it every day for 30 minutes and now I am going to start increase the speed and the time! I also know that the Lord is my strength, because some days I was able to get up at 4:30 and do it before staff prayer!!! Which I know is only God, because I enjoy sleeping!!!
Speaking of sleeping...my pillow is calling me! I am getting so tired and my eyes keep closing...4:30 comes really early you know?
2 comments:
I'm so glad you have been meeting with the Lord in the mornings - I've been missing that time with Him in my own life over the past couple of weeks...
Good for you with the exercising - keep it up and you'll lose the weight! Either way, you'll feel better for it...
Love you!
Mum
Thanks Kristy! Sounds weird but i do miss washing dish rags friday mornings :) Love that you blog! I try but don't get to it alot so i understand! Haha. Praying for you and your team and I'm excited for the new things at the base. Praying that God leads you guys through this new season!
Post a Comment