Thursday, May 05, 2011

Feeling like Jeremiah

The last couple of days have been hard on me, I have just not felt like myself and I have been having problems again with my sleeping and with my skin! I have not had a full night sleep in I don't know how many nights, I don't know why, but it is beginning to have an effect on me. This morning, I took my Bible, headed to Starbucks, bought a green tea latte (my new favorite!) and just read for 2 hours!!! I found myself in the book of Lamentations at one point and I thought to myself, I was beginning to sound a lot like Jeremiah, crying out to God, asking Him so many questions.

Then I found these verses, (I highlighted in pink) and I felt that God placed those verses there - just for me :)

Lamentations 3:22-24 "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion", says my soul; "Therefore I will hope in Him."

My prayer, "Lord, here I am like Jeremiah, crying out to you, thank you that you are all I need! I put my hope in You, and in You alone!"

1 comment:

Wendy said...

How precious is our time spent with the LORD. I am glad that you chose to do that rather than have a pity-party (even though you are certainly justified). Those words are a great comfort and could be "one of your favorite things" this week ;)

"My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty - there's nothing my God cannot do. The mountains are His, the rivers are His, the stars are His handiwork, too. My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty - there's nothing my God cannot do."

I don't know why, but as soon as we hung up the phone, that chorus jumped into my head - I haven't thought of it for years, so presumed it was put there for you.

I love you!!
Mumma

 
Designed by Lena