Monday, January 21, 2013

Running and swimming

Well this title of this post says it all. This past week I have been running and swimming. I ran on Sunday morning, Monday and Wednesday night, then on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday night I went swimming. I am so blessed that I am able to go swimming with my Mum. I love spending time with her and I especially enjoy the moments we go swimming together. It is just such an awesome time, we get to talk, share life and also exercise together. I am so blessed! When Mum and I first started swimming we were going for half an hour at a time, but then we decided to change it up and make it a little bit harder and so the last two times we went, we swam for an hour. (Well actually on Friday night, Mum worked a little later than I did and so she didn't get a full hour in but I did!)

The other thing that Mum and I have decided to do this year is memorize more scripture. It is something we talk about all the time, but we decided this year we are going to do something about it! We decided to take one scripture and for two weeks memorize and put it up all over so we can see it. I have the verse written on a sticky note and I have it on my computer screen at work. I figure I look at that screen for so many hours out of the day, I'm bound to memorize it. So far we have memorized on verse and are on the second one now. It is so nice to have some one to memorize them with and we both hold each other accountable.

Also, I just signed up for my first 10km race. I am a little nervous, but I'm going to do it. It's actually funny because it will be on the Moonlight Run here in Lethbridge which was actually the first race that I ever did last year. Although last year I did the 6km and now this year I'm doing the 10km. I am hoping it will be a little warmer than it was tonight. Tonight we ran 6km and it was cold!! My legs were freezing by the time I got home.

Anyway, it's late and I am tired...I just wanted to quickly update as it had been a couple weeks.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Exercising is so much more fun if you have a partner - thanks for doing this with me, KB, even though I do worry about your skin :-( We will have to keep an eye on it.

Good for you with the 10K - hopefully I won't be working and can come out to cheer you on.

Well, I have to go for my walk ;-) - see you at 6:30 tonight for our swim!

 
Designed by Lena