Monday, February 04, 2013

Bye, bye pennies


Well as of today, Feb. 3, 2013 no more pennies!

The Canadian government decided that for cash sales only, the amounts will now either be rounded up or rounded down. Also the banks won't be giving them out anymore.

Does it make me feel old when I say I remember when I could buy sour candies for a penny?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I won't tell you what I could buy for a penny when I was young...LOL. You know what's really weird, though? I tried to pay pennies at the Post Office today and they wouldn't take them! They said I need to take them to the bank...now THAT is just plain stupid, in my mind. I didn't know we wouldn't be able to get rid of the few that we have. Sigh...

Derrick said...

How funny! I remember when I was there (must be twenty years ago now!) that they decided to phase out dollar bills. I went out and bought four as souvenirs but I don't think they've increased in value since then, have they? :-)

Nice to read your posts, Kristy!

Uncle D

 
Designed by Lena