I was going to update this yesterday, but didn’t really feel like writing yesterday. So, here is an update today.
(sorry, but it's going to be a long one!)
We had a fun weekend. We got to my parents place on Friday night, and enjoyed supper with the Listers and my parents. I just love my family – God really did give me the best! We had lots of fun. After the kids were in bed, Tanya, Mum and I watched an old black and white scary movie. Because I had seen it before, I have to admit I did close my eyes a few times. (sorry Tan! – haha)
Saturday morning, was spent just hanging out. Mum had to work (sorry Mum) but the rest of us just hung out. Tanya and Tom and the kids had to be at a wedding for noon, so they left around 11:30ish. I had the joy of helping getting the kids ready. I sure do love my nieces and nephew – God is too good to me. I got to help lots, I was able to help with bath time, I helped get the girls dressed, brushed hair and teeth and put on shoes. I had so much fun! Once the Listers left, Dad, Bob and I headed out to Costco, to buy fruit and veggies for Mom Barnes surprise party on Sunday. We arrived at Costco and picked everything up and then headed home. We did pretty well too; we were only at Costco for about an hour. Although there were lots of people there, the lines weren’t nearly as bad as they normally are. We headed home and Dad made a pizza for lunch and then Bob’s Dad, Art came to visit my Dad. He needed a piece of fiberglass cut, so he wanted to use Dad’s saw. After lunch I decided to start cutting up the veggies and fruit for Mom’s party. Corinne and John came over with Kiera and they brought all their food (they bought meat and cheese) for the party, and we started cutting everything up. By that time, Art had left and Tanya, Tom and the kids were home. (minus Erilyn because she was a flower girl for the wedding and had to stay for pictures) Amelie and Kiera got to play barbies together. Corinne, John, Bob and I bought way too much food!! There was so much to cut up, thank goodness my Dad was home, he does such a great job of cutting veggies and fruit and he does it so fast. He was a really big help! Thanks so much Dad!!
After John and Corinne left (which was around 5:00pm) so did Tanya, Tom and Adrie. They went to the wedding reception. Dad, Bob and I got the joy of watching Amelie and Kellen. They were so good! Such good kids, we had lots of fun with the two of them, Kellen had just woken up from a nap and was in very good spirits. He was laughing so hard with Papa and Ami was teasing Uncle Bob. Mum came home from work at about 6:30 and Bob and I headed over to the mall. Bob wanted to get a new baseball cap. Also, before we left – we called Cass’s cell, we haven’t talked to her in a while and wanted to see if she wanted to get together. Well, we weren’t able to reach her so, we left a message. She called me back about half and hour later and then, her and her boyfriend Josh came over and we talked for a while and then the six of us (Mum, Dad, Bob, Cass, Josh & I) all played Wizard! It was lots of fun! They left around 11:00pm, Dad and Mum went to bed and Bob and I just stayed up talking. I was going to try and stay awake until the remaining four Listers came home. But, by 12:30am I couldn’t keep my eyes open. So, I went to bed – I did wake up around 1:30 and I heard Bob talking to Tanya and Tom but I was so tired that I couldn't get myself out of bed!
Sunday morning, I was up bright and early again! I heard Tanya up with Kellen and Ami at around 7:30 and I debated sleeping in, but then I thought (hey – Tan, remember that song??!) if I stay sleeping, I wouldn’t be able to spend time with them. Dad was up too, getting ready for church. I was going to go to first service with him, but we had to leave for the hall for the birthday party at 10:30 and I didn’t know if we would be home from church by that time. Tan decided to go and take the little ones with her, as Tom and the older two girls were still sleeping. Bob and I left to go to the hall around 10:30 – Jimmy (Bob’s brother) met us at my parents place and we headed out. (we needed help bringing ALL the food!!) From there we got to the hall about 11:00am and started setting up. The theme for Mom’s birthday party was Elvis – Corinne had bought so many decorations. It looked so awesome, maybe I will post a couple of pictures. We had about 40 people at the party and we did what we tried to accomplish. Mom was so surprised! Especially because her birthday was in January! We had a great afternoon – it was nice to visit some people I haven’t seen in a while. The party ended at about 4 and we cleaned the hall. (we actually had one room in the hall, so it was small and easy to clean!) Then we headed for home. We were home by 6:30.
On our way home, my cell phone rang and guess who it was?? My baby sister from Chile!!!! I was so excited!!! I asked her to call me back once we got home. She did and we could barley hear each other, so we decided to chat on msn. Thank God for msn – we did a voice conversation and it so clear!! We talked for about half and hour – it was so good to talk to her. Ruley – I sure do love you!! Then, I went and cleaned up a little bit, put clothes away from the weekend and stuff like that. I also remembered that Sunday night is Amazing Race night – which made me excited!! So, I watched that and Mum and Dad called at one point and talked to them. I had a wonderful weekend with my family and all I can say is “thank you God!” He has given me the best family ever and I am so blessed by each and every member of my family.
Yesterday at work was a little busy. With month end coming up on Friday, I had some stuff that needed to get done. We had Bible study last night and once again, I am so thankful for every member in that group. They are more then friends, we are all family – I love spending time with them as well. God is so good to me, I don’t know what I did deserve all the love, but I thank Him everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi sweetie. Glad you enjoyed this weekend. We enjoyed having you and Bob here also.I'm like you I love having you guys home and just hearing all the chatter and the little ones playing makes me so happy and brings back memories of when you guys were little.I love you all so much..
Post a Comment