Friday, June 08, 2007

Post #100

Hello everyone,

I just noticed when I went to do this post, that it is my 100th post! Wow - I think that's quite an accomplishment for me :-)

I just wanted to say thanks everyone for your prayers for the removing of my wisdom teeth on Wednesday, I can honestly say that I don't remember a thing!! haha! I remember them putting the iv in my hand, and then the nurse put the mask over my mouth, and I was so scared that I felt a tear fall onto my cheek and then the next thing I remember, the nurse was telling me to wake up and it was an hour and a half later!! (wisdom teeth out and everything!!) Wow, that was a weird feeling....as it wasn't even like I dreamed or nothing, just black!! So, thank you all for your prayers. I am doing well, I had yesterday off work and am off today as well. I think it was a good idea to take these days off. Yesterday, I pretty much just layed in bed and slept. Today, I am feeling a little better. (my mouth is still really sore!) I told Bob I would start cleaning the house, (in fact that it is what I am suppose to be doing now - LOL!!) so I will quickly post and then continue. I already have one load of laundry in the washing machine and I got the vacuum out of the closet - that's a start!! haha

I just noticed too, that today is June 8th. It would have been my Grandma Neve's birthday! Even though she's been in Heaven for almost 10 years now, I sure do miss her!! I miss everything about her! I miss hearing her laugh. I miss hearing her sing, she loved to sing! When I think of my childhood, so many of my memories have her in them. She was such a special part of us girls lives. Sometimes I wish I could just see her for one more minute, I think I would just hug her and hold her! She was one of my best friends growing up and when I hear people talk about their grandparents, sometimes I wonder why my grandparents had to leave this earth so early. The other night I went to the "Girls Night Out" with the ladies from our Bible study and my one friend that was taking me home was talking about a family reunion they were having in the next couple of weeks with her family and she was telling me how special it was going to be because her grandfather was going to be there and he was 98 years old! I have to admit I was a bit jealous, see my Grandma only lived to be 75 years old, and just think if she had lived that long, she would still be alive and in my life. How I long to see her just one more time!! I just have to know that God is in control - I know my Grandma didn't want to live to be old and she wanted to be able to be in Heaven with God and my Grandfather! I know God blessed her by granting her wishes. There was a poem that I read after Grandma passed away about how God only takes the best - I believe that that is why He took my Grandparents early, He wanted them to be with Him! I have to remember that song "Better is one day in His courts" It's so true, to us it seems like they have been gone forever but, I have to remind myself that one day in Heaven is like thousands here on earth! How awesome that song is!

I will always remember all of my grandparents, they were all such a special part of my life. My Dad's parents used to come up every summer and visit us for at least 2 weeks. I always remember it was so exciting going to the airport to pick them up, and it was always so hard when we had to drive them back to the airport cause it was time for them to go back to New York. My Grandfather (Mum's Dad) I don't remember much about him, he went to Heaven when I was only 4, but I do remember sitting on his lap and being wheeled around in his wheelchair! Grandma (Mum's Mum) lived right now the street from us, and we used to do lots with eachother. I remember growing up, if us girls wanted to go on a bike ride or play badminton or anything like that, if my parents didn't want to, we could call up Grandma and she would always be more then willing to do something with us. I remember she used to make her supper and watch the tv show M*A*S*H - everynight!! I remember her playing the piano and I can still hear her singing the songs as she played! There is lots more I could tell you about my grandparents that are still very clear in my mind. I remember my Grandma Barto, had the softest skin (even softer then a baby!) or my Grandpa Barto, used to call us his "sweethearts" and how he had no teeth!! Wow - the memories I could share, but if I continue I will never get the house clean and will just end up crying all day. So, I guess I will go back to cleaning!

All of this just came out because I realized the date :-(

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Aw..KB - you're making me cry... I know, I thought about Mum all day as well. I was working and whenever I typed in the date, I'd wish her a Happy Birthday. It's hard to believe she's been with Jesus for almost 10 years already. She did miss my Dad though and was ready to go be with him and her Lord.

I'm so glad your surgery went well and better than you'd anticipated. You looked well, apart from your little chipmunky cheeks!!

 
Designed by Lena