....I just really miss South Africa!!
I miss the people, my family and friends there, I miss the different cultures, I miss the worship and prayer times on the base, I miss the food (braai lamb!! = BBQ!), I miss the ocean, I miss the hot African sun, I just miss it!
I know that God has placed Bob and I here in Alberta for this time, but it's funny how some days I just miss South Africa way more then I thought I ever would.
I found this video on YouTube, and thought I would share it all with you, it's the national anthem of South Africa, it's got some pretty cool pictures too and although the singing is the not the greatest, I chose this video so you could all get a little history while watching!!
3 comments:
Oh Kristy, I know exactly what you mean! There's days you go crazy because you miss it so much. Not because you don't wanna be with your fam, but you just wanna feel the African vibe around you... I feel ya sista! Wish it was a little closer by... You'll have to come and visit me once I live there anyway, so you'll see everyone again:-D Hopefully soon. Love you
Beautiful! Did you sing along? CAN you sing along? Thanks for posting, Kristy - it was an important part of your lives and I'm sure SA will always have a piece of your heart. Kind of like Mandy and Bolivia. (but don't tell Jorge - ha ha)
Love you!
WAIT! What the heck is SNOW doing in South Africa???
Post a Comment